CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thankfulness Month-Day 9


Psalm 139:2-10
 You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar.   
You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. 
 Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether. 
 You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. 
  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it. 
  Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? 
  If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! 
  If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me.
 
I LOVE Psalm 139. It is absolutely one of my favorite Psalms. I mean, how could I not be encouraged by the thought that I have a God who knows me, loves me, leads me, and will never leave me. 

Today, I am truly thankful for a sovereign God that knows me better than I know myself--and, loves me in spite of that fact!

I could not imagine living a day without the direction of God. I cannot imagine the purposeless existence apart from a God that loves me and gives my life purpose and meaning. But, what hope I have--what joy I have-- in knowing a God that truly knows me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment