CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankfulness Month-Day 1 (and 2)


So, my friend Leah challenged everyone to a Month of Thanksgiving. Each day, she is going to post one thing she is thankful for. I thought this was a great idea; so, I thought I would join; and, I'll encourage you to comment on something you're thankful for as well! And, even though I as well am a day late, it's never too late to be thankful!
I mean, thankfulness is truly forgotten now-a-days. We are such a self-centered, me-pleasing, complaining society that we often forget to realize all that we are blessed with--we truly do not lack anything. Don't worry, this isn't going to be a soap-box discourse. But, being thankful is something God is constantly convicting me about: Get your eyes off yourself, Sabrina, and realize all that I have given you.
I have been struggling recently with contentment and exactly "what my purpose is". Since we moved, life has been a little shaken up and I have been in a constant battle with the State of Kansas to get my teaching license transferred. So, without a license, I have no job. I have struggled with finding contentment in not being able to work and do what I went to school to do.
I Timothy 6:6-8 Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment,  for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world.  But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.
Content! Be Content! I am slowly learning that it isn't my job or profession that define me but the fact that I am a child of God-redeemed by Him, loved by Him and (hopefully) living for Him. Gal. 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
So, with all that said, I am thankful for God's working in my life. I am thankful for the purpose that He gives me on a daily basis.

And...since I missed yesterday: I am also thankful for a cup of hot apple cider to curl up with on this dreary day.

2 comments:

Redhead Mama said...

Love it! Thanks for Contributing, friend! Hey, can I use your button for my blog? I am not talented in design, and I love yours! : )

Breezy said...

Of course, you can use anything!

Post a Comment