CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 7, 2011

ooey-gooey oatmeal cookie kind of day

It's raining outside--like the rain with the occasional rumble of thunder . Like the rain that just makes you want to stay inside and curl up by the fire with a good book. I'm thankful for the rain because we desperately need it. When I was younger, my grandma and I used to make rainy day cookies.
I stole this recipe from my brother-in-law. The way he makes them is perfect; crunchy on the outside, but gooey in the middle. I tried to compete, but they definitely aren't as good...yet. :) Maybe you can give it a try. These are honestly the BEST oatmeal cookies I have ever eaten!

Ingredients:
2 c rolled oats
1 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c sugar
1 c all-purpose flour
1/4tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 c hot water
1/2 c shortening, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla

1. Combine oats, sugars, flour & salt
2. Combine soda & water-stir into above mixture



3. Roll into walnut sized balls and place on greased cookie sheets 



4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 min.
5. Remove from oven; allow to stand 2 minutes before removing to a rack to cool.



Yield: 3 dozen 

Enjoy!





1 comments:

Chelsey said...

Im gonna have to try these today :)

Post a Comment