CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 7, 2011

Thankfulness Month-Day 6


I Thessalonians 5:18 "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
 
In EVERYTHING give thanks. Yesterday, we had a speaker come in to our church,  Dr. David Gibbs. He is a lawyer and head of the Christian Law Association. He has an amazing testimony of what God has allowed him to do. We had a wonderful day of worship. And, God really worked in my heart. 
One question that Dr. Gibbs posed to us was if we give thanks in everything. I mean, that's what the Bible says, right? And not only that, it says that it's the will of God. 
Do I give thanks in every situation I am in? Do I give thanks when I'm completely stressed out and in a tight spot? Do I give thanks when I'm struggling or someone in my family is struggling. Do I give thanks for those things that I don't necessarily like?
My husband and I had a long talk about this as we have recently gone through a tough challenge. I so appreciate Shaun's outlook on things as even in the midst of that trial--through a lot of pain and strife, he was able to say that he was thankful for what he was going through. And, now, looking back, we are thankful for that trial because God brought us so much closer to Him and to each other. God taught us things that would probably wouldn't have learned otherwise-God truly changed us. 
So, today, I wanted to give thanks in everything. I want to thank God for those tough times in life; and, thank Him for the grace He gives to get through them as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment